Advertisement

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Tuition for kids


Looking at my son's school books nowadays always surprises me on how much they have to learn. I remember my own school days as being quite easy especially during primary school. Now a days kids facing at least two problems in their education ..as too many student in a class, very noisy , not a learning environment  and too many subject & workbook.

Some parents send their kids to tuition at young age (Primary 1). Send kids to normal tuition center will and surely increase the burden of kids. If we can develop their motive to learn themselves that's even better. 


Personally I find tuition is not a compulsory if the parents can teach their kids. For myself,  I don't send my son for any tuition. To improve my son's English language, I borrow books from library for him.  I check his school work weekly to see if he needs help in any areas and we work together to improve these areas.I support his school work with additional workbooks, which are easily available. Through these exercises, he gets the necessary practice needed.


 I do not believe in over-stressing my son with academic tasks at a very young age, Primary One to Three is definitely very young. He is already attending school for half of the day and  also attending religious school the remaining half. Homework is a big part of his life.

My opinion is tuition is not a blanket requirement, and should be on case to case basis. However, parents should not pressure their children by sending them to all sorts of tuition class just because they are not among the top 3 students.


One of my friend now regret sending his son to mental arithmethic class as there are at least 3-4 pages of homeworks for him to do each week. On top of his school works, he seems to spend his time doing homeworks all day long. I find he got not much time left for him to play. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisment